Tuesday 11 August 2009

Envelopes

Two blog posts in as many days....the world must be coming to an end!

Having a stack of fashion magazines lying around the place, with nothing to do with them except throw them in the recyling, I decided to recycle them in a different fashion.

I decided to make envelopes from them!









They're glued, and then sewn, more for sturdinesses sake than anything else, and I think they're pretty cute! I'm building up quite a collection, and am sending a few off to my best friend!

Other than that, I'm not quite sure what to do with them. I'd like to sell them, but I don't know if there would be copyright isses or anything - a quick look at Etsy shows me that a lot of people seem to make recycled envelopes, so I'm kinda in a quandary. And then there's the fact that I really don't think they're sturdy enough to go through the post, which begs the question of 'What do you actually use them for'?

Oh well, I'm sure I'll work answers out soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment